Banyan Tree expands.
Leading international operator and developer of premium resorts, hotels, residences and spas, Banyan Tree Group has announced its continuing global expansion with the successful signing of 26 hotel agreements in 2018 for its four brands.
These are in addition to the current 48 hotels in operation at end 2018, and seven new hotels slated to open in 2019.
The projects comprise of five Banyan Tree, 10 Angsana, two Cassia and nine Dhawa hotels and resorts.
They encompass 17 projects in Greater China and the rest in Oceania (Fiji and Palau), ASEAN (Cambodia, Indonesia and Vietnam), and Europe (Austria and Spain). These are expected to become operational over the next three years.
Mr Ho Kwon Ping, Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree, said: “Our strong momentum in business development and securing hotel management agreements on our own this year will accelerate Banyan Tree Group’s speed and scope of expansion to grow our brands around the world.
“We are excited and committed to propel our brands rapidly to global reach and range while strengthening our ability to embrace change and innovation in the ever-evolving hospitality industry.
“With our Banyan Tree Group growing from strength to strength and celebrating the 25th Anniversary in 2019, we look forward to greater growth to come.”
The 26 new hotel agreements also exclude projects under negotiation and introduced by its new partners, the French hotel group Accor and the Chinese property developer Vanke, which became minority investors of Banyan Tree Holdings as well as strategic partners, around a year ago.
Approximately a dozen projects initiated through the Vanke and Accor partnerships are in active negotiations.
Inspired by the romance of travel, Banyan Tree will continue to increase its global presence and foray into unique exotic destinations across the Europe, Asia-Pacific, Oceania and other regions.
Rooted in its corporate ethos of “Embracing the Environment, Empowering People” since its inception in 1994, Banyan Tree’s sustainability approach emphasises on building in harmony with nature and contributing to the progressive growth and development of the community where each of its hotels is planted.
List of Hotels
Global (excluding Greater China)
1. Angsana Grossgmain Salzburg & Angsana Residences Grossgmain Salzburg, Austria
2. Angsana Yasawa, Fiji
3. Dhawa Tenerife in Canary Island, Spain
4. Angsana Siem Reap, Cambodia
5. Dhawa Ho Tram, Vietnam
6. Angsana Ho Tram & Angsana Residences Ho Tram, Vietnam
7. Angsana Quan Lan Island & Angsana Residences Quan Lan Island, Vietnam
8. Banyan Tree Palau & Banyan Tree Residences Palau
9. Banyan Tree Nipah Beach Lombok, Indonesia
10. Dhawa Anshun, Guizhou
11. Dhawa Chengde, Hebei
12. Cassia Wuning, Jiangxi
13. Banyan Tree Baidaihe, Hebei
14. Angsana Baidaihe, Hebei
15. Cassia Baidaihe, Hebei
16. Dhawa Baidaihe, Hebei
17. Banyan Tree Weining Lake, Guizhou
18. Angsana Weining Lake, Guizhou
19. Dhawa Weining Lake, Guizhou
20. Angsana Hot Spring Resort Longli, Guiyang
21. Dhawa Weizhou Island Beihai, Guangxi
22. Banyan Tree Quzhou, Zhejiang
23. Angsana Quzhou, Zhejiang
24. Dhawa Quzhou, Zhejiang
25. Hengqin Wellness Resort, Zhuhai Managed by Angsana
26. Dhawa Anping, Tainan