Participating sim racers are all set to get into their rigs over the next three days as qualifiers for the OUE E-Cities Championship 2021 begin.
Almost 80 sim racers have signed up for the inaugural championship and only 25 of the fastest sim racers will make it to the final to be held on 14 November.
Apart from title sponsor OUE, the organisers have brought on board a plethora of corporate sponsors and partners like Singtel, PICO, The Initial Residence, MOTUL, Wework and even Shaw House, among others.
The full list of the partners are found in the sponsor banner at the foot of this post.
Here are five things you should know about the inaugural OUE E-Cities Championship 2021.
- The Orchard Road Street Circuit is 3.2km long and was digitally twinned from scratch over a period of eight months. The designers also painstakingly ensured that the race circuit was frighteningly similar to what drivers would see in real life if they drove on the track.
- Singaporean entertainer and fashion icon Tabitha Nauser, who is the ambassador for the OUE E-Cities Championship, sang two songs on the album “Songs of the Games”, the official music album for the 28th Southeast Asian Games. “Unbreakable” was a solo effort while “You’re Wonderful” was a collab with Gayle Nerva and Tay Kewei. She will also be performing on 14 November at the end of the show after the winners complete the race.
- The two co-founders of the OUE E-Cities Championships 2021 sim racing league are race car drivers themselves. But these days, Lim Keong Wee, who is also an architect by profession, and Melvin Moh spend most of their time trying to figure out how to bring motorsports to the masses through sim racing. The idea for the E-Cities Championship came about in January 2021 while sipping coffee at an outlet in Holland Village.
- The OUE E-Cities Championship 2021 will see 78 sim racers from the region go head to head to clock as fast a time as possible. Only 25 sim racers will make it to the final on 14 November. The top three sim racers will share a prize pool of $10,000.
- The final event on 14 November will be carried live on Mediacorp’s meWATCH with broadcast starting at 5pm.
Main Photo: Legion of Racers
Subscribe to our Telegram channel at TMSG01.